How did it get so late so soon? …My goodness how the time has flewn… My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon? (Dr Seuss)
Of course, in the original he was talking about December and yet it still feels appropriate…just how did it get so late…a mere twenty two days until the close of the first Paragram Chapbook Challenge.
There is still time for you to gather your poems into a manuscript for the challenge and maybe it will be you who sees your poetry in print.
What better way to spend those long June daylight hours than to be working towards your first published book.
Just to remind you – one talented and lucky poet will receive:
- The publication of a full length poetry chapbook
- Plus 20 copies for their personal distribution
- A launch reading where their poetry will head the bill alongside readings chosen from the 2015 anthology, Paragram Spotlights.
In addition A selection of individual poems from all submissions will be published in theParagram anthology for 2015 entitled Paragram Spotlights. The Paragram Chapbook Challenge is open to published and unpublished poets writing in English from anywhere in the world.
The closing date for submissions is midnight on 30th June 2015.
Click here for SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Click here for SUBMISSION RULES The Process
- Paragram initially invites a submission of 5 poems
- These 5 poems should be carefully chosen samples of the breadth and depth of the poet’s collection
- From these a shortlist will be selected
- Poets shortlisted for the Chapbook Challenge Prize will be asked to send further poems to complete their short collection (there should be no more than 20 pages of poetry when added to the 5 already submitted)
- Poets selected for Paragram Spotlights will be contacted to advise of their success
- Chapbook Challenge Prizewinner will be contacted personally and announced on the Paragram website. Details of the publication of their chapbook will proceed
- Paragram Spotlights poets will be asked to proofread their poems
- Paragram Spotlights will be published in time for Christmas 2015
- The Chapbook Challenge Prize volume will be published in 2016
- The UK book launch in 2016 for both volumes will be arranged and invitations issued
Paragram began in 2011 and its one and only reason for being was to to offer publishing opportunities for new writers. To discover the unfolding story of Paragram go to our About Paragram page.